- poor governance
- gender and social inequality; and
- climate change and natural disasters.
- Women are able to exercise their rights as individuals and citizens, including their right to food and nutrition, and are actively engaged in and benefiting from transparent, equitable and sustainable governance of public and natural resources in a society with supportive socio-cultural norms.
- Girls grow up enjoying their rights to food and nutrition and to a protected childhood and adolescence, gradually building the skills and capacities to enter adulthood with positive options for her future.
- Enhanced productivity, adaptive capacity and resilience of women and girls dependent on land and natural resources.
- Empowered women and girls able to exercise their rights and influence decisions in the private and public spheres.
- Empowered CARE and CSO partners’ staff able to promote transformative, rights-based development at scale.
COVID-19 CRISIS IN MOZAMBIQUE: FOCUS ON PREVENTION AND RESPONSE - WITH WOMEN AND GIRLS AT THE CENTER
CARE’s COVID-19 strategy rests upon the delivery of life-saving prevention and response activities to the most vulnerable societal groups and populations in countries in which we work. Simultaneously, CARE will apply a resilience approach to build future capacities at community, household and individual levels to prevent the re-emergence and spread of the disease.[CLICK HERE]
CYCLONE IDAI ONE YEAR ON: SOUTHERN AFRICA STILL DEVASTATED AND VULNERABLE TO CLIMATE SHOCKS
Women and children bore a significant brunt of the disaster, with women and girls reporting a significant increase in their daily chores in the wake of Idai.[CLICK HERE]
Mozambique has enjoyed more than 20 years of strong overall economic growth since the end of its civil war, averaging over 7% per year. [MORE]
CARE Mozambique is a leading international humanitarian and development organization dedicated to defending dignity and eradicating poverty [MORE]
Why work at CARE?A career at CARE Mozambique is truly one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for a national and global leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that can help bring about lasting change in the world. We're looking for experienced professionals who not only align with our values, but also want to make a difference, develop and inspire others, drive innovative ideas and deliver results. [MORE]
© Copyright, CARE International in Mozambique 2020 - All rights reserved | Designed, developed & maintained by COMMS 101